- 1-½ cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, syrup, water, salt, and peanuts in a 2-quart microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on High for 5 minutes; stir; microwave for 13 minutes or until syrup separates into threads.
- Stir in margarine, soda, and vanilla until light and bubbling.
- Pour onto a greased cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Yields 1-½ pounds.
Hey there, dear reader! It's Jelly Grandma here. When I was a young'un, I remember the sweet scent of peaches and the warm, summer afternoons spent with Mama in the kitchen. Those days, we'd can...
There's an old saying among cooks: "The kitchen isn't a place for perfection but for fixing mishaps and making magic." And if there's one thing I've learned from more than half a century of cooking,...