- 1-½ cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, syrup, water, salt, and peanuts in a 2-quart microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on High for 5 minutes; stir; microwave for 13 minutes or until syrup separates into threads.
- Stir in margarine, soda, and vanilla until light and bubbling.
- Pour onto a greased cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Yields 1-½ pounds.
To winemakers, the task of determining when to harvest grapes is a scientific process involving the pH of the grapes when between 3.2 and 3.5, and the sugar content, known as brix, between 20 and 25....
Okay, go ahead and admit it. Not every cake you have ever made has turned out light and fluffy. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, one will seem to be heavy and almost appear to be not done all the...